Neither NSS Enterprise In Space, nor any of its items are offered, sponsored, or endorsed by CBS or Paramount. STAR TREK and related logos, designs and related intellectual property are owned by CBS Studios Inc. All other product brands, designs and related logos are owned by their respective trademarked owners.
Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our Secure Sockets
Layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and among the best software
available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal
information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot
be read over the internet.
As funds are committed to projects on receipt, we are unable to offer refunds. If complete funding is not obtained, funds will be allocated to alternate student projects.
It is the established policy of the National Space Society (NSS) to respect and protect the right to privacy of our members and visitors and to be compliant with all applicable laws and best professional practices pertaining to the same.
What data do we collect?
We collect the data necessary to service our membership, subscribers, correspondents, and website users as well as manage participation in the events and activities of NSS. This data includes contact information, records of financial transactions with the Society, service preferences, event/activity registration details, and other data related to the conduct of the Society’s business.
How do we collect it?
NSS maintains both hard copy and web based data entry form (e.g., membership application forms, event registration forms, donation forms, surveys, volunteer sign-up forms, polls, blogs, wiki, and contest forms) as applicable to the conduct of the Society’s business. Online form data is collected and transmitted by secure means. Online form submissions are stored in secure databases with limited access and any sensitive information is encrypted for another layer of protection. We periodically update our membership database using a variety of means to ensure delivery of all publications/correspondence and to better model the demographics of the Society.
What do we do with your data?
- NSS maintains all membership data in an internal membership database with limited access. We retrieve information from the database as required to conduct the business of the Society (e.g., mailing lists for magazine distribution (Ad Astra, quarterly), email lists for online newsletter distribution (Downlink, ~monthly), local contact lists for NSS Chapters (performed on an as needed basis)). On occasion, arrangements for cross-mailing with cooperating organizations for cosponsored events and for membership recruitment/renewal incentive programs are conducted. In addition, the membership data is used for educational mailings.
- NSS does not sell or trade membership information with other organizations. From time-to-time NSS will conduct postal and electronic mailings on behalf of other organizations as well as membership recruitment/renewal incentive programs. These transactions are handled through NSS vendors without the release of membership data.
- NSS takes reasonable measures to secure membership data from inadvertent release or misuse.
How do you contact NSS?
- Individuals may contact NSS headquarters to make any corrections or updates to membership data maintained, or if you have concerns about privacy.
- Individuals may contact NSS headquarters to opt-out of any or all hard copy and/or electronic correspondence not explicitly related to servicing their membership or requests for services.
- NSS headquarters may be contacted:
- by mail at the following address: National Space Society, 1155 15th Street NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20005;
- by email at: privacy @ nss.org ;
- by telephone at: ;
- or by FAX at: (202) 530-0659.
NSS will update this policy, post notice of the changes and post the updated policy to the NSS website.