THE ENTERPRISE IN SPACE MISSION & OBJECTIVES
The mission of Enterprise In Space is to build, launch, operate, and later return to Earth an orbiter containing student experiments as a tribute to the many great visionaries of science and science fiction. EIS goals include:
- Demonstrate and pioneer new technologies.
- Inspire and encourage space enterprise.
- Develop educational curricula for students contributing to related future endeavors in STEAM*.
The Enterprise In Space mission will engage and inspire the next generation while igniting a renewed interest in space exploration for people of all walks of life.
- The NSS Enterprise orbiter will serve as a tribute to all famous ships in history bearing the name Enterprise. With a successful mission, this orbiter will add to historic tradition by using cutting-edge technologies to achieve its goals and encourage space commercialization and enterprise.
- The orbiter itself will facilitate the use of new technologies such as:
- 3-D Printing.
- Laser-Based Communications.
- Ballute and/or Ablative Thermal Protection (heat-shielding materials).
- Enterprise In Space will place a major emphasis on outreach in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics), from building the ship at highly-recognized aeronautics and aerospace institutions, to science and space education for students at all grade levels and in all the countries of Earth! Information and data will be translated into 36 languages. The orbiter’s payload will contain:
- 100+ Educational Science Experiments (from winning student experimenters all over the world)
- Camera, Communication, and Data Streaming Equipment (along with other spacecraft operational equipment)
- Items as a tribute to the many seminal science fiction series and historical Enterprise ships.
- Items associated with public engagement and support of the Enterprise In Space mission.
*STEAM = STEM + the arts